SKILLED SOCIAL WORKER – Full Time – Porirua, Wellington
Wesley Community Action invests in staff and services that are committed to best practice. This position is for a high achiever seeking an opportunity to work at the leading edge of Social Work with a Child and Family focus in an organisation that supports nurtures and values you too! We provide intensive therapeutic social work support to adolescents in our foster care service and are seeking a highly competent practitioner to join our Porirua, Foster Care team, as soon as possible. You will be a lead professional in our team.
The key skills and competencies required are:
- Relevant social work or equivalent qualification
- Proven practical and theoretical understanding of therapeutic social work
- High confidence working with both young male and female, with complex behaviours
- Will lead ‘best practice’
For enquiries and position description please contact:
Sarah Packman 0274 754148 email@example.com (or)
Andrea McKenzie 0274 525314 firstname.lastname@example.org
Wesley Community Action, P O Box 9932, Wellington 6141
Closing date May 26th 2017
For more information download an application pack here:
Professional Foster Parents Wanted
For a satisfying & challenging work from home opportunity
Both full time and part time (respite) roles available.
Greater Wellington, Hutt Valley, Porirua, Kapiti Coast and Wairarapa areas considered.
Some young people need a supportive home to help them get their feet on the ground and get a good start in life.
Can you provide a home that makes the real difference for these young people?
The team at Wesley Community Action has significant experience in supporting young people. We are looking for compassionate people who value family life to join us.
This is an opportunity to combine your outstanding parenting skills with our commitment to professional standards of care. Wesley’s Foster Care programme leads the way in supporting young people who have experienced great challenges in their lives. We continue to expand this long established service and need additional committed foster parents to join our team.
As a salaried employee you will become a member of and contribute to a progressive and professional team. You will receive 24 hour on call back-up, professional training and development.
Get a Foster Parent application pack here:
For further information and an application pack contact:
Wesley Community Action
PO Box 9932, wellington 6141
Phone: 04 237 7612 ext 814
Applications considered at any time
If you are considering working with Wesley Community Action, here are some values that support our work;
- People we work for drive our work. Our work helps our clients to grow or maintain their capacity and well-being.
- We value open honest relationships – we aim to highlight strengths in all people and have direct conversations if things aren’t working.
- Self-awareness is key – our capacity to reflect on our own work without getting defensive or threatened is very important.